Saturday, July 14, 2012

Blessed






















"Blessed", oil on canvas, 76 x61cm, 2012

Apple often appear as a symbolism for mystical or forbidden fruit, a symbol for knowledge, immortality, temptation, the fall of man and sin in some religious traditions. In Greek mythology, apple is a symbol of love.

"I throw the apple at you, and if you are willing to love me, take it and share your girlhood with me; but if your thoughts are what I pray they are not, even then take it, and consider how short-lived is beauty" - Plato (Epigram VII)

We are blessed with the ability to feel pain, to love and be loved, to learn, to gain knowledge. We feel alive because we have the feelings, the emotions.........if not, we are not human.....we are just living dead! We are blessed! So whatever feelings or emotions we faced, embraced them, that is life!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ng Kim,, you have a realy perfect talent
    May I know, where can I find a good shop in penang to buy Canvas and oil color.
    a.kianpisheh@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sorry for late reply, just check my blog, thanks for liking my works :), you can go to Nan Yang at Canavon Street, Penang. Most artists in Penang got their art materials there, me too.

      Delete